Desalination Plants Powered by Waste Heat
Drinking water abstraction through seawater and brackish water desalination.
TerraBasic: TerraBasic is our standard desalination solution which is based on the natural principle of evaporation. It can be used with waters with lower scaling tendencies (e.g. seawater, brackish water) and is ideal when connected to waste heat. It can be used as a mobile system or a fixed system (industrial). The output rate is 10%. TerraBasic does not require any tube cleaning which makes it suitable for waters with a salinity level (TDS) of a maximum of 70,000 ppm or a hardness level of a maximum of 2,000 mg/l. It is also suitable for waters with low levels of biological matter. TerraBasic operates with closed air circulation which increases thermal efficiency.
TerraBasic uses waste heat from other processes and completely does away with the need for chemicals.
- Simple to use which means specialists are not required; local residents can operate the system
- The system is able to withstand harsh environmental conditions (heat, frost, hail, dirt, heavy rain etc.)
- Operating materials, such as chemicals etc., are not required
- Very low operating and maintenance costs
- Discontinuous operation is possible